Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). We're here to help you!
We have compiled all the answers to the most frequently asked questions for your convenience. Use the filter below to easily find the question and its answer.
Is your question not listed? Please contact us!
Frequently Asked Questions
In general, we support integration points such as:
- web orders;
- shipping information (track & trace);
- and many more;
For a complete overview, download the features list.
Following parts are included in the monthly subscription price:
- the right to use the Tinx software for connecting your webshop with Business Central
- the guarantee that the Tinx apps are compatible with new releases of Business Central (twice a year)
- the guarantee that the Tinx apps will always work with the latest API webservices from the e-commerce platform
- adding new features / functionality which are developed on request for other customer which you can benefit
- solving bugfixes
In 2023 we are celebrating our 15th anniversary. Since our establishment in 2008, Tinx has had one clear mission: to build standardized e-commerce connectors for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. With our dedicated in-house development team, we develop and maintain these connectors. Our delivery team ensures seamless implementation for our clients. We are professionals in e-commerce integrations and offer our services to customers and Dynamics partners worldwide.
All the integration work we do for our customers are done as projects. Several parties are involved during the project: the end-user (customer), Dynamics partner and E-commerce partner, making the project as a team effort.
Tinx will always assign 1 dedicated implementation consultant to your project.
General project steps:
- Tinx sends a quote to the customer based on the presales scope
- Customer signs the quote
- Tinx Consultant contacts the key users of the project and sends project system requirements
- <X number of weeks determined in advance until the project starts>
- Project starts with 1 to 2 workshops to define the scope in detail
- Tinx Consultant(s) implement the Tinx E-commerce solution based on the updated detailed scope
- After implementation, key users receive training
- Testing phase
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Integration goes live
- First weeks after go-live: post-implementation support by Tinx Consultant
- After the ‘post-implementation’ period, the customer is transitioned to the Tinx Support Desk team
- Project evaluation
Absolutely! All Tinx Connectors are optimized for both the B2B and B2C markets and can be used simultaneously. Want an example? Our existing customer SKS uses the Tinx Magento Connector in combination with the Tinx Magento B2B Pricing and Discounts and Tinx Magento Customer Portal modules. Read all our customer cases here.
In total, Tinx has successfully executed more than 350 projects worldwide. From Magento to Shopify, from WooCommerce to Shopware, and everything in between. We dare to say that we are true integration experts in the area of e-commerce and Business Central.
In total, Tinx has served more than 300 customers worldwide. Click here for a selection of Tinx customer cases.
Absolutely! With the Tinx Connectors, we offer various methods to manage PIM (Product Information Management) data. If you prefer to maintain your PIM data in a separate PIM platform, it can work seamlessly alongside the connector. In this case, our recommendation is to use the connector to send basic product data such as product name, product number, and product price to the webshop. Your PIM platform can then further enrich the data in the webshop.
Absolutely, the Tinx E-commerce Connector offers its own PIM layer as an addition on top of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. The PIM layer is specifically designed for webshop usage.
You can always send us a message! We typically respond within 1 business day. Check out the Tinx contact page for opening hours and address details.
The budget required to use Tinx solutions can be divided into 2 parts:
- Implementation (consultancy)
Licenses: For licenses, we offer a subscription model:
- Licenses for the main connectors start at €279 per month, while the more high-end connectors are €449 per month. There are no limitations on the number of orders, users, or unique products. It’s a simple monthly subscription per ERP/webshop connection no gimmicks.
Implementation (Consultancy): To integrate the Tinx E-commerce Connector into Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, the number of project days depends on the project’s requirements and integration needs. Some projects may only take a few days if the requirements are compact. In other cases, integration needs can be much larger and require a longer project. The required budget depends on the scope of the integration. A sales representative will help you determine the right scope based on your needs. Below are some typical scenarios that can be used as budgetary estimates:
- Ballpark* project days for integrations (without modifications to ERP or webshop):
- 1 B2C webshop linked to 1 ERP company: light integration, 4 to 6 project days.
- 1 B2C webshop linked to 1 ERP company: typical integration, 6 to 10 project days.
- 1 B2B webshop linked to 1 ERP company: light integration, 10 to 12 project days.
- 1 B2B webshop linked to 1 ERP company: typical integration, 15 to 20 project days.
- Marketplaces without PIM, connected to 1 ERP company: 4 to 6 project days.
- Marketplaces with PIM, linked to 1 ERP company: 7 to 10 project days.
*Note: Amazon integrations sometimes take only 1 to 2 project days.
Daily implementation rate: €1,136
Please note that the mentioned scenarios are examples of common projects and may differ from your situation. If you have specific requirements, it may be possible to complete the work in less than 4 days or require more than 20 days for advanced integrations. For more information on pricing, please contact one of our sales representatives.
To connect Business Central to an online store, the Tinx E-commerce Connector needs to establish a connection with the online store’s API. With one connector license, you can link one online store API to one Business Central administration. Depending on your specific requirements, it may be necessary to have more than one license. For personalized advice, please contact us.
Don’t worry! The Tinx E-commerce Connector rarely goes completely “down.” Business Central and the webshop continue to function as usual. Your customers can still browse products and place orders on the webshop. In the meantime, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, describing the issue, and we will promptly address your ticket. Once the problem is resolved, the connector will typically synchronize all data again.
As a standard part of each project, we provide training to end users before going live. After the training, you should be able to handle first-line support on your own. If you still don’t feel entirely comfortable in this area, you can reach out to our support department at email@example.com, where you will receive further assistance.
As a Microsoft Gold partner, we deliver at least one, but often multiple releases to the Microsoft AppSource platform every quarter. This ensures that customers always have access to new Tinx E-commerce Connector releases that have been validated by Microsoft for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Supported Microsoft Dynamics versions:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 (available upon request)
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 (available upon request)
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 (available upon request)
- Microsoft Dynamics Business Central On-premise V13 (available upon request)
- Microsoft Dynamics Business Central On-premise V14 and higher (extensions)
- Microsoft Dynamics Business Central Cloud (SaaS)
Supported e-commerce platforms:
- Magento 2.x (formerly Magento Open Source)
- Adobe 2.x Commerce (formerly Magento Commerce)
- Shopware Rise/Evolve
- Shopware Beyond
- Shopify Advanced
- Shopify Plus
- Shopify POS
- MplusKASSA POS
The Tinx E-commerce Connector runs 100% within Business Central as a validated Microsoft extension. All communication with the webshop occurs from this extension. No external servers are required, and all connector data is easily accessible within Business Central. In summary, it is not external and, therefore, not middleware.
The Tinx E-commerce Connector is an extension within Business Central and behaves like standard Business Central functionality. This means you will experience the same look and feel as you are accustomed to within Business Central.
Certainly. Please contact us to discuss the possibilities.
Yes, each of the Tinx E-commerce Connectors can simultaneously manage multiple e-commerce platforms from a single Business Central environment.
Absolutely, this is definitely possible. For example, if you’re a customer with both a Shopify and WooCommerce webshop, you can connect both webshops to Business Central, each with its own connector. The beauty of it is that there is no limit to the number of webshops you can connect to Business Central.
That’s definitely possible. You can choose which Business Central administrations you want to connect with one or more webshops. On the BC side, these can be different companies within one database, or they can even be different databases. There’s no limit to this.
All Tinx E-commerce Connectors utilize the API provided by the respective e-commerce platform. The e-commerce platform always maintains the most up-to-date API with the latest functionality, which our connectors then communicate with. In most cases, we do not need to use the API of Business Central. Our connectors do not have their own API, so there is no need for us to maintain one in that regard. Rest assured, the connectors themselves are maintained to ensure that an up-to-date version is always available.
The Tinx E-commerce Connector is perfectly capable of retrieving standard product data from Business Central. However, it’s important to note that the available data in BC is typically limited and may not be ideal for webshop use. Optionally, the Tinx Connector offers its own, much more extensive PIM layer, specifically designed for webshop use.
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /var/www/www.tinx-it.com/public/wordpress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3701